In this post, I’m helping you with 10 effective & easy ways that you can lose belly fat today! But trust me, these are NOT overnight fixes. You’re here to learn about lasting ways to lose weight, take care of yourself, and stay healthy mama! Ok, so are you ready? Let’s go!
10 Effective & EASY Ways You Can Lose Belly Fat Today
There are no overnight fixes! This is the actual truth about how you can lose your stubborn belly fat. But it’s gonna take work mama.
Do you find yourself intrigued by the internet ads and magazine headlines claiming to have found the answer to shredding unwanted belly fat?!?!
Many of you have probably have bought one of these in hopes of being instantly transformed. Here’s a staggering fact for you: It’s estimated that in the United States alone, Americans spend over 120 hours a year and BILLIONS of dollars (yes, billions not millions) on services and belly fat-shredding “claim to fame” products.
To put it simply…
STOP. THE. MADNESS. (please)
YOU. CANNOT. SPOT. TREAT. FAT. LOSS.
Okay! Okay! But, what is belly fat?
There are 3 main types of Subcutaneous fat, Intramuscular fat, and Visceral fat:
- Subcutaneous fat is the fat just underneath the skin. You know, the stuff you can pinch!????
- Intramuscular fat is the fat found within the skeletal muscles (the stuff you can’t see)!
- Visceral fat is known as “belly fat” and is the fat stored within your midsection and abdominal organs (stomach, liver, kidneys. etc.).
Have you ever heard someone say “belly fat is the most unhealthy type of fat”? This is because visceral fat has been linked to heart disease, stroke, coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, pregnancy complications, type 2 diabetes, and hormone imbalances.
I’m here to tell you that there is no miracle in a bottle or 5 part ab routine that will shred your belly fat. I know you’re disappointed but there is something you can do so listen up!! I’m feeling sassy (that’s the Brazilian in me) so here it is with no sugar coating:
- Stop eating like the world is going to end!
- Start increasing your output. (simply put: moving more)
- Monitor your food choices.
- Commit to an exercise plan.
In addition to this, I recommend you take a little dive (analyze) your lifestyle and make some additional changes.
10 Effective & EASY ways you can lose belly fat today:
- Track your food intake and exercise (Try using the MyFitnessPal or MyMacros app). This practice will ensure you are not eating more than you are burning. Remember the golden rule: Calories IN vs. Calories OUT!
- Increase your fiber consumption. Soluble fiber absorbs water and slows down the rate at which we process food leaving us feeling fuller longer, which in turn can help us consume fewer calories.
- Increase your protein intake (i.e. lean meat, fish, eggs, dairy, whey protein, beans). I recommend at least 1.5 gram per kilogram of body weight for moderately active individuals. Example: 56kg woman should consume a minimum of 84 grams of protein.
- Decrease your stress level by taking a yoga class or meditating
- SO SO IMPORTANT!!! Stress has been shown to promote visceral fat (see below where I explain the different types of fat).
- Add resistance training to your workout routine at least 2-4x a week. Resistance training aides in weight management and increases your muscle-to-fat ratio – as you gain muscle, your body burns more calories at rest! WIN WIN!
- Avoid sugary drinks (i.e. sodas, sports drinks – save them for special occasions)! #1 side effect of a high sugar diet is weight gain!
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep (ideally 7-8 hours a night)! Sleep is essential to recovery, mood, weight management, and helps lower your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
- Limit “calorie bombing” condiments (i.e. BBQ sauce, creaming dressings, syrups)! Save these for special occasions & try lower calories alternatives like mustard, lemon juice, sriracha or hot sauce.
- Drink lots of water! I recommend a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day. Set a water goal and gradually increase it over time. You may find yourself using the restroom more often in the beginning but your body will adjust!
- Find a good support system & surround yourself with like-minded people! You will be much more likely to turn healthy practices into lifelong habits if those around you have the same goal.
Those easy and effective solutions are going to help you keep you belly fat off!
These are my tips for losing that unwanted belly fat for good.
But do you want to learn more!? No worries. I’ve got you. I created a B-R-A-N-D spanking new eBook and I’m giving it away totally free. Grab your copy of “How to get 6 pack abs after TWO C-Sections”. This book is the real deal.
I’m diving into why overnight fixes won’t work. I’m sharing secrets that won’t have you spending hours in the gym AND I’m teaching you tricks that don’t involve 1,000 crunches an hour…
Oh and don’t forget, this is NOT an overnight fix. This is not a diet pill, detox tea, or cleanse. These are real results that will have you looking and feeling great! I hope you’re as excited as I am. Get social with me! Let me know how these solutions are helping you lose unwanted belly fat.