Food is the centerpiece of Thanksgiving! It’s one of the only times of the year that we all get together with our families, to prepare some of our favorite foods. These include things like Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing and of course, PIE!
So you may be asking yourself….
“Nathalia, how do I enjoy the festivities of Thanksgiving, stick to a good nutrition plan and enjoy the best part…the pie?!?!”
I’m gonna tell you a secret…
I don’t skip the pie at Thanksgiving. NO WAY!
How to have your pie and eat it too
And here I am going to show you how to enjoy a slice and stick to your weight loss or fitness-oriented goals!
- Carve out some “me time” before your Thanksgiving feast & WORKOUT! Burn some calories before you consume a few extras.
- Fun fact! Did you know Turkey has a hormone called tryptophan in it? This is known to make us feel tired and lethargic so it’s a great idea to get your workout in before you load up on turkey.
- Fast or have a light breakfast! If you know you will have a feast for Thanksgiving dinner then fast the morning of the feast or reduce your typical morning intake to make room for the extra calories.
- Look for healthier ingredient substitutes in your staple Thanksgiving dishes. For example, last year, I substituted whip cream, butter, and dressing for lighter options and no one even noticed!
- Portion control. Stick to the size of your plate and don’t pile it to the ceiling. If you are someone that likes to try a bit of everything then do so in small quantities. Due to the higher calorie dishes at Thanksgiving, only load up 1 plate full of food and refrain from going back for seconds. I personally like to put my slice of pie on my plate first and load up on the other goodies in the space I have left. That way I make sure that I still get to enjoy my Thanksgiving pie without overloading.
- Drink lots of water!
- Eat slow, savor it & most importantly, enjoy the time with your loved ones!
Now, before you go, check this out.
PUMPKIN PROTEIN BALL ????
100% mom approved guilt-free treat for the whole family! Not only will love these but so will the kids which is totally a win-win at my house.
Mix the following together & roll balls into 2 tablespoon servings.
- 3 cup dry uncooked oats
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup dark chocolate or cacoa chips
Now go enjoy Thanksgiving with your families! I can’t wait to sit down to a meal with mine.
Did you want to get a quick workout on Thanksgiving Day, but your gym is closed? I’ve got you, gurl! I have TONS of work out plans that you can do right from your living room. Click here to find the guide that’s perfect for you.
Share the love, save this post on Pinterest!